Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Paper Trufflez Blog Hop - Everything Christmas

Welcome to the Paper Trufflez Team Blog Hop. The theme for this hop is “Everything Christmas.” If you have come from Lisa Hidy’s blog, you are on the right path.


The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here. It’s really simple to hop along with us. Simply click on the link at the end of each blog post to move to the next one.




I love Christmas Villages so I decide to make a cottage.  To create this, I used Cricut Season of Joy Digital Collection.  The main part of the house is made of Kraft paper and the door, roof and trim are made from the Tis' the Season Paper Pack.  The chimney is not part of the Cricut design.  I added that myself.





To add that old world look, I textured bricks on the house with Opaque Matte Texture Paste and then sponged some color on them using the Candy Apple Exclusive Ink Stamp Pad.  I used White Glitter Paper for snow.






Of course, to celebrate the season, I added a Noel Wreath from Cricut Season of Joy Digital Collection.  I love all the images in this collection.  The greenery above the window is called Holly Border.  It is from Cricut Artisty Digital Collection. New England Ivy and Candy Apple cardstock go so well together with little red pearls.  Our white core cardstock makes the greenery look like they have a dusting of snow on them. It was hard to stop adding more things to this little cottage. You can really get carried away!



Now “hop” on over to Chris Franco’s blog, to see her fabulous artwork. Be sure to visit all the Consultants in the hop to get some fun creative ideas. If you get lost along the way, here is a list of participants. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love all of the detailed touches you put onto your cottage! The Kraft paper gives it an old world feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. I hope the arches aren't floating anymore. lol

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a fabulous creation. Love your cottage and it's perfect for Christmas with this paper pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. It was fun to make. However, my husband thought building a real house would be easier. lol

      Delete
  3. WOW!! This is gorgeous! These papers were perfect for your cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! Is that ever cute!!! How clever to use the Texture Paste and ink on the brinks. I am so in love with this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. There was so much I wanted to add and kept changing my mind. But I really got know my cricut. lol.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness this is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. It was so much fun decorating my mini cottage.

      Delete
  6. Awesome, I just love this adorable project.

    ReplyDelete